Applying a Payment Option for Deposits on Toast POS
After the guest has completed their event or is paying for a table that required an advanced registration deposit through TablelistPro, use the other payment option created to subtract the deposit value from the check total.
Note: Depending on the settings selected for the payment option, the following instructions may need to be completed by an employee with manager level permissions.
1. Navigate to the order in Toast POS. Select Pay ($).
2. Use the keypad to enter the value ($) of the prepaid deposit in the Amount Tendered field. Then, select Other.
3. Choose the appropriate deposit option from the list of other payment types and select No Tip when prompted.
4. Then, the deposit will appear on the payment screen. Use another payment method such as cash or the guest's credit card to close out the Balance Due on the check.
5. Note: When it comes time for the guest to enter a tip, the recommended tip selections will be based on the pre-deposit check total.